RE: st: RE: -betafit- and -dirifit- updated on ssc (oops!)

From   n j cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: RE: -betafit- and -dirifit- updated on ssc (oops!)
Date   Fri, 08 Sep 2006 15:08:22 +0100

Glad you managed to disentangle your -betafit- from that on
SSC.

The later is joint work. The order of authors is a little
jumbled. It would be nice if we could randomise the help file
so that authors' names re-assemble in different order every time
users look at the help.

Maarten Buis is currently running with the package and deserves all the
credit for recent fixes and enhancements. Earlier work depended heavily on the work of Stephen Jenkins on a set of programs developed primarily with income distributions in mind, but tweaked so that it applied to
the beta family.

Feiveson, Alan H.

Maarten - My apologies. I had my own defunct file named -betafit.ado-
that did something entirely different and that I had forgotten about.
Yours works fine and exactly matches a -ml- program for beta regression
that I had written previously. But I like yours because it has all the
options, etc. of a real Stata program. Sorry about bothering you or
anyone else on the list.

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/