Re: st: suest for ologit

From   [email protected] (Jeff Pitblado, StataCorp LP)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: suest for ologit
Date   Wed, 06 Sep 2006 13:38:32 -0500

Olvar Bergland <[email protected]> is having trouble using -suest- after
-ologit-:

> I am testing differences in coefficients across several ologit models.
>
> When using suest and STATA v 9.2 I get the following error message:
> “Score variables for model X contain missing values”
>
> This did indeed work for with STATA version 8.2, but as I was revisiting the
> analysis my old batch program crashed/stopped. Changing the command from
> ologit to oprobit did not produce any error messages.
>
> Searching the stata-list Bart Vanneste suggested regarding a similiar problem
> for "suest for intreg":
>
> >suest requires the predict, score option to give non-missing values,
> >so I guess that’s where it goes wrong.
>
> Any solutions to work around it? (For other reasons I want to keep the logit
> formulation.)

Olvar's original do-file should not have any problems provided it has a proper
-version- statement at the top.  If Olvar's do-file was written while using
Stata 8.2, the first line of the do-file should be

	version 8.2

Olvar can email me directly if the above -version- statement does not fix the
problem.

--Jeff