st: RE: GLLAMM and MATSAVE

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: GLLAMM and MATSAVE
Date   Wed, 6 Sep 2006 15:23:49 +0100

This is very difficult to answer, because
the precise question is not clear.

When you say "save this estimate", in what form?
As a variable, in a separate dataset, in a log file,
in some other file?

When you say you are "not able to" use the Mata
command -matsave-, what do you mean?

The FAQ says (almost twice, but once here is enough)

"Say exactly what you typed and exactly what Stata
typed (or did) in response. N.B. exactly! If you can,
reproduce the error with one of Stata's provided datasets
or a simple concocted dataset that you include in your posting."

That said, e(b) is not a Mata matrix unless you read it into
Mata. Also, you do not need to use Mata to save matrices.

Prathiba Natesan