st: Calculating and storing distances

From   "MA V" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Calculating and storing distances
Date   Tue, 29 Aug 2006 22:09:51 +0000

Dear statalist users,
My problem is the following:
I have a dataset that has 3 variables: location_id, latitude, longitude.
I would like to calculate the distances between the locations but I'm not sure of what is the best way of storing this information in Stata. Suppose we have 30 locations (i.e. 30 observations).
Any ideas on how to to calculate the distances and, more importantly, on how to store them (in an effective way, for future manipulation)?
Thanks for your help!

Get real-time traffic reports with Windows Live Local Search http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=42.336065~-109.392273&style=r&lvl=4&scene=3712634&trfc=1

*
* For searches and help try: