st: Re: ARMA(1,1) with multiple panels

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: ARMA(1,1) with multiple panels
Date   Sat, 26 Aug 2006 16:16:05 -0400

If your series is really ARIMA(p,d,.q) with d=1, then you should not be trying to fit an ARIMA(p,0,q) model to the series. You should fit the ARMA(p,q) model to the first differences of the series.

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics
http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html