st: Re: a question about option orthog for command ivreg2

From   "Rodrigo A. Alfaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: a question about option orthog for command ivreg2
Date   Fri, 18 Aug 2006 20:53:05 -0400

what about xtivreg2?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jian Zhang" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2006 4:23 PM
Subject: st: a question about option orthog for command ivreg2

Dear Statalisters,

I am using ivreg2 command to implement GMM estimation on a panel data set.
I specified option
orthog( ) to examine if a subset of my instruments are really exogenous (by
putting the list of the
subset of instruments in the parentheses of orthog).  However, the results
reported by STATA say
that:

Collinearity/identification problems in restricted equation:
  C statistic not calculated for orthog option

Is there anyone knowing what is going on?  Since STATA has reported the
estimates of the
restricted equation(i.e., the regression using the entire set of instruments
(overidentifying
restrictions)), why did STATA still state "collinearity/idenfification
problems in restricted
equation"?  Many thanks!

Best regards,
Jian Zhang