st: Re: Limited dependent variable

From   "Christer Thrane" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: Limited dependent variable
Date   Mon, 14 Aug 2006 18:42:45 +0200

Hi,

I think this should be modelled as a multinomial logit, it's either a win, a tie, or a loss--I see no ordering here--hence -mlogit-. To take account of several observations per unit (the panel structure), use the -cluster- option.

If you are willling to dicotomize the dep var (say win versus loose or tie), you could use -xtlogit-.

There exists, as far as I know, no xt-variant for mlogit in Stata.

HTH,
Christer

Professor Christer Thrane
Department of Social Science