Re: st: Plotting stored estimates

From   Sara Mottram <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Plotting stored estimates
Date   Wed, 09 Aug 2006 09:44:56 +0100

Thank you to Roger, Scott and Nick for their very helpful suggestions on how to go about doing this. I can now produce the graphs, and I have learnt a few new things about Stata too!
Thanks again
Sara

Apologises if this is a basic question.

I have a binary variable kcons which indicates whether or not the person has consulted their doctor about knee pain and another variable age_cat, indicating the age group to which the person belongs.
I have calculated the mean of kcons within each level of age_cat using -mean- with the -over()-, option to get the probability of consulting with knee pain in each age group. I have then saved these estimates using -estimates store-.
I would now like to produce a scatter plot the proportion of people who consult in each category against age_cat to assess whether there is a trend.
This sounds like it should be straightforward but I can't work out from the manuals (I have looked under _estimates in the programming manual) and I can't find anything in the FAQs about how to do this. If I try scatter _est age_cat, I get a flat plot. I could of course produce a plot in Excel by typing in the results of -mean-, but I feel that this is probably an important feature that I should learn to use properly?
I have included my code and out put below.