Re: st: RE: margeff and svy: probit

Subject   Re: st: RE: margeff and svy: probit
Date   Mon, 07 Aug 2006 22:54:02 -0500

At 09:36 PM 8/7/2006, Dimitriy V. Masterov wrote:
I am unable to replicate some of Scott Merryman's estimates using his
code. I get that MEM is equal to AME, which does not make sense. I am
using Stata/SE 9.2 on Windows XP, SP2. Perhaps I am missing something
obvious?
I'll be the tie-breaker. My results match Scott's. Are you using the most current version of margeff?

. which margeff
c:\ado\plus\m\margeff.ado
*! Marginal effects for categorical dependent variable models
*! This version: 10 February 2006 (3rd update for Stata Journal submission)
*! Author: Tamas Bartus (Corvinus University, Budapest)

Back on Jan. 8, Tamas announced a bug fix, saying

"The update fixes a serious bug: margeff always estimated average marginal
effects, even when users requested marginal effects at means. I would like
to thank Steve Stillman for discovering the bug.

"I apologize for the error. The implication is that all results produced by margeff
were average marginal effects."

When in doubt, it is a good idea to run adoupdate to make sure (or at least make more likely) you have the latest and greatest user-written routines.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]