st: Test for choice between IV and OLS estimates in panelregression

From   <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Test for choice between IV and OLS estimates in panelregression
Date   Fri, 04 Aug 2006 01:27:14 -0500

Dear Statalist,

I need to choose between IV and OLS estimates in panel regression and was thinking of doing a Hausman test between IV and OLS (using xtivreg and xtreg respectively) and reject the null hypothesis (and choose the IV estimate) if the p-value of the test comes out to be less than 0.05. I was just wondering if it can be done using xtivreg2. I read the xtivreg2.hlp file but it did not seem to discuss this situation. Your suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks!
Suryadipta.

Suryadipta Roy, Ph.D.
Visiting Assistant Professor,