RE: st: value labels in output regression model

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: value labels in output regression model
Date   Thu, 3 Aug 2006 18:21:43 +0100

Let's distinguish two things.

-xi: regress- for example gives you, mostly, the
output of -regress-. If you don't like it, it is
largely because what -xi- does in naming variables
and what -regress- does in using variable names,
not labels. -xi- as such does not emit much.

My own posting in this thread was misleading in
not emphasising that a third possibility, that
some user has done the programming job for you, although
I doubt I'm the only person to be confused by
all the re-formatting/reporting programs which exist,
and to want StataCorp to do it "properly" (which
means my way...).

Richard Williams