st: RE: matrix of significance stars

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: matrix of significance stars
Date   Fri, 28 Jul 2006 17:47:13 +0100

The Stata matrix language (documented online by typing -whelp matrix-)
supports only numeric matrices, not string matrices. (This is in
contrast to the matrix language Mata, used in low-level programming,
which does support string matrices.) Therefore, we can only produce a
string variable of stars (as in -parmest-), and not a Stata string
matrix of stars.

You might like to write a Mata program to produce a Mata string matrix
of stars. However, I don't know what you would want to do with such a
matrix, once it has been produced.

I hope this helps.

Roger

Roger Newson