st: RE: RE: Making a unique log file

From   "Charles Thibault" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Making a unique log file
Date   Wed, 26 Jul 2006 13:18:04 -0400

Hi Alex,

	I used your do-file and with a few modifications (for some reason my
computer was not reading a forward slash) your code worked great.

	Thanks.

Charles Thibault
Market Analyst, www.corzen.com
5 Union Square West; 4th floor
New York, NY  10003
mobile: (347) 414-0218
e-mail: [email protected]

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Alex Ogan
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 5:29 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: RE: Making a unique log file

The following might be helpful, although more than you asked for.  The
short answer is to create a local with your full file name including the
datestamp, and use that local in the log command.

* Prepare Date/Time Stamp
local currdate = date(c(current_date),"dmy")
local stryear = string(year(`currdate'))
local strmonth = string(month(`currdate'))
if length("`strmonth'") == 1 local strmonth = "0`strmonth'"
local strday = string(day(`currdate'))
if length("`strday'") == 1 local strday = "0`strday'"
local currtime = c(current_time)
local strhour = substr("`currtime'",1,2)
local strminute = substr("`currtime'",4,2)
local strsecond = substr("`currtime'",7,2)
local DateTimeStamp =
"`stryear'`strmonth'`strday'`strhour'`strminute'`strsecond'"
display "`DateTimeStamp'"

* Log File
local LogPath "V:/ResearchProduction/Data/Stock/Auditing/Logs/"
local LogPref "Get2DaysData_"
local LogSuff ".log"
local LogFullName "`LogPath'`LogPref'`DateTimeStamp'`LogSuff'"
log using `LogFullName', replace