Re: st: maximum do file size

From   "Neil Shephard" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: maximum do file size
Date   Sat, 22 Jul 2006 15:38:16 +0800

On 7/22/06, Zurab Sajaia <[email protected]> wrote:

Is there a limit for do file to be opened in the editor? I got the dataset
with loong do file defining variable and value labels... of course I can
open it in any other text editor and cut down but wanted to make sure there
are no options to increase the limit in Stata.
You may find the "Some notes on text editors for Stata users"
available at http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/t/textEditors.html of
interest.

It indicates the limit you have encountered and mentions that it is
not a restriction on Macs.

It also details a number of other editors and their associated pro's and con's.

Neil
--
"Natural selection is a mechanism for generating an exceedingly high
degree of improbability." - R.A. Fisher

(www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html)

Email - [email protected] / [email protected]
Website - http://slack.ser.man.ac.uk/