st: RE: generating one measure standard deviation for two time series variables

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: generating one measure standard deviation for two time series variables
Date   Sun, 16 Jul 2006 16:14:51 +0100

I can't see how you can calculate a standard deviation
of anything from maximum and minimum alone, at least
without extra assumptions. Given this,
what data structure you have or do not have is immaterial.

Please clarify with an example or further detail is
this is a misunderstanding.

Seth Binder