st: RE: Graph twoway: Multiple axis and order of plots

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Graph twoway: Multiple axis and order of plots
Date   Thu, 6 Jul 2006 15:20:17 +0100

There is no concrete code to comment on here.
I did this:

. sysuse auto, clear
(1978 Automobile Data)

. collapse mpg, by(rep78)

. l

     +-----------------+
     | rep78       mpg |
     |-----------------|
  1. |     1        21 |
  2. |     2    19.125 |
  3. |     3   19.4333 |
  4. |     4   21.6667 |
  5. |     5   27.3636 |
  6. |     .      21.4 |

. twoway bar mpg rep78, yaxis(1 2) yla(18(2)28, axis(2))
|| line mpg rep78, yla(20 30, axis(1))

and the line plot is on top of the bar plot, and I have
two separate axes. Does that help?

Peter Uhrmacher