Re: st: use of fracpoly with Proportional Odds model?

Subject   Re: st: use of fracpoly with Proportional Odds model?
Date   Thu, 06 Jul 2006 09:25:44 -0500

At 04:56 PM 7/5/2006, Rodrigo A. Alfaro wrote:
Stephan,

Richard suggests to make a copy of frac_chk.ado. Use which
to find it. For example in this pc:

  which frac_chk
C:\Stata8\ado\base\f\frac_chk.ado

Make a copy (for example in your ado folder) typing

  copy C:\Stata8\ado\base\f\frac_chk.ado C:\ado\frac_chk2.ado

Modify frac_chk2.ado (using notepad or any text-editor).

The problem is how!! Specifically what distributions will be
asociated with ologit? Experts should know the answer.
I am not sure that distribution matters. frac_chk classifies routines by distribution, but it looks like fracpoly only distinguishes between stcox and everything else. But I may not have followed all the ins and outs of the coding, as various other programs are getting called too.

Here is what I tried. I wish, though, that there were problems with known solutions so i could tell if this was working right.

* Make copies of the most current versions of fracpoly.ado, frac_chk.ado, and frac_154.ado and place them in your personal folder. Rename them, adding a 2 or a B to the names or whatever. Edit each of your copied programs to use these new names.

* On your copy of frac_chk.ado, on the tokenize command, add ologit to the list of blessed programs.

That is all I did. When I do this, I get answers. But if distribution does matter, then more coding, possibly much more, could be needed.

Anyway, I think this is a start, but there may well be more to it! I continue to wonder why ologit isn't there in the first place, e.g. is this something that you shouldn't even be trying to do or is the omission of ologit simply an oversight?

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]