Re: st: Updating Stata

From   Sara Mottram <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Updating Stata
Date   Tue, 04 Jul 2006 12:29:12 +0100

I have access to the Internet, sorry, I should have said before. I have looked on stata.com but I couldn't find anything on how to update from Stata 9.0 to Stata 9.2.
Also, when I am updating with -update all- I think Stata must be connecting to the internet because the results window says it is downloading one things an then moves on to downloading another.
downloading dstdize.hlp
downloading estimates.ado
downloading mlogit_postestimation.hlp
downloading nl.ado
downloading stata11.key
downloading y_41_up.hlp
downloading y_update.hlp
downloading biprobit.hlp
downloading cnsreg.ado
downloading cnsreg.hlp
downloading intreg_p.ado
connection timed out -- see help r(2) for troubleshooting
r(2);

Thanks
Sara

Sebastian F. B�chte wrote:

Sara,

can you access the internet from your computer? If so, what do you
have to do to access an internet site like www.stata.com? In some
networks internet access is restricted. In order to reach the internet
a "proxy" or sth similar requires you to enter some authorisation
information, is that the case with your network?

Best regards,
seb