Re: st: some unexplained issues with coefficient comparisons

From   "Narasimhan Sowmyanarayanan" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: some unexplained issues with coefficient comparisons
Date   Fri, 30 Jun 2006 20:15:15 -0400

Hi All:

I am trying to implement the procedure as suggested by Mark but am not
being very successful (I did not write any code really since I am only
beginning to look at the stata codes). Here is one of the ways. It may
be very naive. Though this is not working. Here is what I wanted to
do:

I tried this using the auto data:

1. Run the regression and display e(V)
reg price mpg headroom
matrix list e(V)

2. Make the degree of correction by hand
I randomly multiplied each cell in the matrix by 20

3. Input the new matrix after making the DOF correction using
matrix input mymat = (0.0682692,0.1931934, -2.0322256\0.1931934,
3.192803, -13.671333\-2.0322256,-13.671333,86.07077)

4. Replacing operation
eret2 matrix mymat = e(V), replace

I want to store the estimates and save them to be used later. but
during the 4th step I am facing the following error

"eret2 matrix mymat = e(V), replace
varlist not allowed"

I have two questions:

1. Is there a more efficient method that I can implement
2. Am I doing somethig wrong with my eret2 command.

I will be grateful if someone can resolve this problem. Mark: I
appreciate your help and reply so far.

Thanks