[no subject]

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/win/winmemory.html

e.g. a 32bit Windows computer may have 3GB physical memory, windows
would only recognise 2GB, and then although you can start up several
instances of Stata with 1200m, you can't have one instance of Stata
with more than 1200m.  whereas an old Unix with 2GB physical memory
would allow you to set memory 2000m no question asked.  You mentioned
that you're using a pretty large data set so you might find the
contiguous memory problem rather annoying.