RE: Re: st: Re: metareg w/ clustering?

From   "b. water" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: Re: st: Re: metareg w/ clustering?
Date   Thu, 29 Jun 2006 13:05:03 +0000

or maybe what Eric wants is simply:

-by(varA): metareg-

this option can be used with (under Stata 8.2, Windows XP) this metareg version:

. which metareg
c:\ado\plus\m\metareg.ado
*! v2.2.6 10Dec2004 Roger Harbord
*! v1.06 copyright Stephen Sharp January 1998  STB-42 sbe23

hth,
bw

> Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 12:08:42 +0100
> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> CC: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: st: Re: metareg w/ clustering?
>
> -metareg- does meta-analysis regression, aka. meta-regression. It assumes
> you have summary data for an outcome and its variance within each
> group/study, similar to -vwls-, except it estimates an additional
> between-group/study variance component tau-squared. Using regular
> regression with analytic weights would estimate a multiplicative
> overdispersion parameter that multiplies each within-study variance rather
> than an additive component of variance.
>
> -metareg- does not have -cluster- or -robust- options. It would not be
> straightforward to add these to the code as it does not use conventional
> maximum likelihood estimation. I guess it might be possible to use
> -_robust- afterwards as Rodrigo suggests (i'd never noticed this command
> before), but it's not obvious to me what the score variable that -_robust-
> requires should be.
>
> I'd be curious to know a bit more about your application, in particular
> what your clusters are. In your example you specify varA as a covariate and
> also as the cluster id variable - i have difficulty imagining how this
> could be useful.
>
> Best wishes,
> Roger.
>
> --On 28 June 2006 16:13 -0400 "Rodrigo A. Alfaro" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> > Erick,
> >
> > I don't know what metareg does. But maybe you can use -_robust- after the
> > regression.
> > There is a better description of -_robust- in Programming book.
> >
> > Rodrigo.

Add photos, news, and blogs about the World Cup to your Live.com homepage!
http://www.live.com/getstarted