Re: st: -lowess- does not respect the cols() or rows() suboption when used with by()

From   [email protected] (Jeff Pitblado, StataCorp LP)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: -lowess- does not respect the cols() or rows() suboption when used with by()
Date   Sun, 25 Jun 2006 14:28:15 -0500

Eva Poen <[email protected]> wrote in, pointing out some trouble with a
suboption of -by()- in the -lowess- command:

Nick Cox <[email protected]> replied after peeking at lowess.ado:

> This does look like a bug. -local byopts- is defined
> but apparently never used within the code, so
> I suspect that your option disappears into nothingness.

Nick found the source of the problem.

We should have this fix ready for the next ado-file update.

--Jeff