st: nearmrg

From   "Inamo, Jocelyn F. M.D., Ph.D." <[email protected]>
Subject   st: nearmrg
Date   Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:17:42 -0500

Title: nearmrg

What step did I miss???

Dear Users

I have some trouble using the nearmrg command written by M. Blasnik. Let's say that I have two files ageinfo1 and ageinfo2, and that I want to compare income in a matched subgroup. After doing the commands below,  I have a message error saying "using data not sorted"

  use ageinfo2
  nearmrg gender using ageinfo1, nearvar(age) genmatch(_match)

In an other set of experiment I had an other message " gender age" not unique, although I used a random process to build age, so that any combination based on age should be unique.

What step did I miss? I know this problem was pointed out, and fixed, a couple of weeks ago. But it simply does not work in my hands.

Thanks

file ageinfo1

        +----------------------------+
        id   gender   age   income