st: RE: Retrieving & displaying s-class macros w/out using -macro list-?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Retrieving & displaying s-class macros w/out using -macro list-?
Date   Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:22:50 +0100

This isn't correct.

-pbis- was written for Stata 3.0, long before
s-class was added to Stata.

What Clint is misunderstanding is that -pbis-
leaves behind global macros with names S_1 ... S_7.

s-class things have names like s(stuff).

These globals should be displayed using a command like

di $S_1

or

di %5.3f $S_1