Re: st: variable labels lost due to reshape

From   "Ada Ma" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: variable labels lost due to reshape
Date   Wed, 14 Jun 2006 02:14:30 +0100

All the info you needed are actually in the help file for label.

After you have collapsed the data, the labels should still be
available.  You can check that by typing:

label dir

to check if the labels you used are still hanging around.  If they do,
you'd only need to attach them to the new variables you have created.
If you're unsure what are in each of the labels, say if you have a
label called jelena, you can type:

label list jelena

You can also write

label save using child

which would save all the labellings into a do file.   Even if the
labels are for whatever reason lost you can run the label save command
with your child dataset loaded up and then when you have your altered
data set loaded up or your mother data set loaded up, you just run the
do file to make the labels available again. You shouldn't need to do
what Joseph Coveney recommended.