st: Re: excluding exogenous variables from first stage

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: excluding exogenous variables from first stage
Date   Tue, 13 Jun 2006 07:30:49 -0400

(1) you can use ivreg2 to estimate using LIML. No need to program anything yourself.

(2) you cannot pick and choose which exogenous regressors appear in the instrument matrix. This is a FAQ that has been answered many times on Statalist. The issue is not what ivreg2 will allow you to do, but what the theory of IV estimation implies.

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics
http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html