st: iterative proportions fitting question

From   "Jeffrey R. Lax" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: iterative proportions fitting question
Date   Fri, 9 Jun 2006 14:49:00 -0400

To do post-stratifications within a congressional district, we want cell
populations broken down as (sex by education by race by age).

We do have cell populations as follows (from census data):
1. sex by educ by age
2. sex by educ by race
3. sex by race by age
(but not race by educ by age)

How, in stata, can we estimate the cell counts broken down in the 4-way
tabulation using the data we do have?  What form does the data need to be
in?  Is IPF the relevant command?

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeffrey R. Lax