st: RE: Modifying a graphics command: problem with nested suboptions

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Modifying a graphics command: problem with nested suboptions
Date   Thu, 8 Jun 2006 15:14:57 +0100

In two words, use -gettoken-.

First off, the -syntax- statement for -by()- is better as

BY(str asis)

The following code should help:

if `"`by'"' != "" {
	gettoken by opts : by, parse(",")
	gettoken comma opts : opts, parse(",")
	local byby `"by(`by', `opts')"'
}

Your byvariable is now in local macro by
and you can pass local macro byby to -twoway graph-.

You will probably need to add some flourishes
to this to get the behaviour you want.

Other details can be seen by looking inside user-written
graphics programs that provide -by()- support.

Eva Poen