st: RE: RE: Where is -onewayplot-?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Where is -onewayplot-?
Date   Thu, 1 Jun 2006 15:37:12 +0100

Scott is correct. Thanks to him for fielding
the question.

I've checked, and

. findit oneway

does point to -stripplot-. I'll ask Kit Baum
to add onewayplot as a key word on SSC.

My reasons for changing the name:

1. -onewayplot- is a longer name than -stripplot-.

2. The term "oneway plot", despite a history in
Stata circles, seems to be going nowhere in
statistical science in general. But, thanks partly
to implementations in other software, the term
"strip plot" seems to be gaining ground.

That said, "strip plots" have nothing to do with
bits of farmers' fields that might be part of
some experimental design.

Scott Merryman

> It has been renamed -stripplot-.  See
>
> http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2005-11/msg01028.html