st: RE: RE: RE: sureg? ml? system with adding-up constraint

From   "Maarten Buis" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: sureg? ml? system with adding-up constraint
Date   Thu, 1 Jun 2006 15:27:03 +0200

Giovanni:
The beta distribution is a good place to start, since the Dirichlet is a multivariate
extension of the beta distribution. It's easier to start with the univariate case and
than work up to the multivariate case. The references below (which are also in
the help-file) are a good applied way to start with the beta distribution.

I'd be interested in your results. Having examples from multiple disciplines is
always handy.

HTH,
Maarten

Ferrari, S.L.P. and Cribari-Neto, F. 2004.  Beta regression for modelling rates and
proportions.  Journal of Applied Statistics 31(7): 799-815.

Paolino, P. 2001.  Maximum likelihood estimation of models with beta-distributed
dependent variables. Political Analysis 9(4): 325-346.
http://polmeth.wustl.edu/polanalysis/vol/9/WV008-Paolino.pdf

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081