st: RE: Clogg, Petkova, and Haritou (1995)

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Clogg, Petkova, and Haritou (1995)
Date   Tue, 30 May 2006 11:11:33 +0100

In this case, the author's address leads me
to guess that AJS means American Journal of
Sociology. But in my persona as a geoscientist
I immediately recognise AJS as American Journal
of Science, which despite its name is a
geology journal. And there may well be others.

The broader point is to remind members of the
list that it is _interdisciplinary_. Please
keep trying to minimise within-subject jargon
and avoid tacit assumptions that you
are addressing your disciplinary colleagues.

In this case, for example, my guess is
that there is nothing sociological about the
method, and that therefore non-sociologists
might well be interested in following up
the reference.

Rob Baller