st: Clogg, Petkova, and Haritou (1995)

From   Rob Baller <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Clogg, Petkova, and Haritou (1995)
Date   Mon, 29 May 2006 14:24:27 -0500

Hi everyone, I would like to compare coefficients, on the same independent variable, between two nested models. For example, I want to know if the b2 coefficients shown below are significantly different from each other:

y = b1x1 + b2x2
y = b1x1 + b2x2 + b3x3

The routines described by Clogg, Petkova, and Haritou (1995) AJS are what I want to implement. Has anyone created a .do file that does this? If so, would you please send me a copy? I am interested in OLS models and models for discrete outcomes.

Many thanks in advance. Rob

Rob Baller
Associate Professor
Department of Sociology