Re: st: creating an (external) global variable containing a structure

From   Phil Schumm <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: creating an (external) global variable containing a structure
Date   Thu, 25 May 2006 15:56:30 -0500

On May 25, 2006, at 3:14 PM, William Gould, Stata wrote:
So here's the secret: Internally, inside Mata, all structures are pointers. That fact is pretty well hidden unless you look at a structure naked, and you can do that by using the default display of Mata.

Thank you very much for the solution to my immediate problem, and more importantly, for the background on implementation of structures. I'm studying the source code for -liststruct()- right now.

-- Phil

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/