Re: st: Two wishes

From   SamL <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Two wishes
Date   Mon, 22 May 2006 23:09:02 -0700 (PDT)

Going the other way, I wish stata would allow me to use disk as RAM, so
that the limit on the size of my (single) dataset would be my total
diskspace (some 200 GB counting the disks I have on the Unix cluster)
rather than the RAM on the largest machine in the cluster (only 12 GB).
Although I have no plans to use a 200 GB file, I have had need of more
than 12GB, and I have had to make tough choices (and some complex
time-consuming runs) to get it under 12GB--not to mention how popular this
makes me to all the other people in my cluster who need the same machine
at the same time.

Sam