Re: st: generating a matrix, adding values in a column

From   "Ada Ma" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: generating a matrix, adding values in a column
Date   Sun, 21 May 2006 22:24:04 +0100

You don't need to use the matrix or mata commands in Stata.

All you need is to save the information as variables in Stata and
-outsheet- it into a .out file.   I think you should outsheet the data
without the variable names, and then outsheet it again with only the
variable names and no data (drop if _n>0).  Send both files to your
friend and he/she would be able to read that data into Gauss without
much problem.