st: RE: check results of xtabond2

Subject   st: RE: check results of xtabond2
Date   Thu, 18 May 2006 11:37:50 +0100

Vivian,

It isn't clear what the problem is here.  Are you comparing the xtabond
and xtabond2 results using the *same* estimator, e.g., Arellano-Bond?
Then I agree, the two estimators should agree, and I believe they do.

But maybe you are complaining that xtabond2 using Blundell-Bond doesn't
agree with xtabond using Arellano-Bond?  Then results of the two
estimators will, of course, differ.  If you think Arellano-Bond (using
xtabond) performs better than Blundell-Bond (using xtabond2), then this
is an AB vs. BB issue, not an xtabond vs. xtabon2 issue.

--Mark