st: RE: Drawing a (positive-definite) correlation matrix

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Drawing a (positive-definite) correlation matrix
Date   Mon, 15 May 2006 15:16:31 +0100

If all you care about is the average
correlation, then given that all the
correlations along the principal
diagonal must be 1, all the others
could be just that average multiplied
by whatever constant yields the right
answer.

If not, you need a more precise specification.

Daniel Hoechle