st: RE: High Frequency Data with panel structure

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: High Frequency Data with panel structure
Date   Mon, 15 May 2006 15:03:35 +0100

Sounds very simple to me: your data
do not appear to be panel data in Stata's sense.

Panel data to Stata are perhaps best thought
of as based on a set of individuals
observed at a set of times. For each individual
at each time, there is at most one observation.
The individuals can be people, companies, organisms,
meteorological stations, etc. but they must
maintain an identity throughout the dataset.

What are your individuals?