st: RE: RE: Pgm 2 remove grammatical errors in log

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Pgm 2 remove grammatical errors in log
Date   Wed, 10 May 2006 22:35:05 +0100

Such a program would need to find the error messages
and then delete text backwards of that. Given the
variety of error messages, my guess is that this
would be better built in a scripting language or
as a good text editor macro or script. Then again
there would have to be safeguards that good stuff
would not be deleted.

Sounds challenging to me. Either way, if it existed, why
would the author keep quiet about such an achievement?

My guess is that Robert is way too far downstream.
A better bet for now is to keep -cmdlog- as well as
-log-, and edit them in parallel, removing the commands
that offend.

When I do this, it is not the syntax errors that are
the main problem, although there are plenty. It is the
commands that are just repetitions and dead ends, but
perfectly legal.

Maarten Buis