Re: st: Marginal effects of bivariate probit

Subject   Re: st: Marginal effects of bivariate probit
Date   Mon, 08 May 2006 11:46:50 -0500

At 10:22 AM 5/8/2006, Randy Jack wrote:
Thanks Richard. mfx command after biprobit works. I
have to use option 'force' to get standard errors.
Interesting. Assuming you are right, I wonder if that is explicitly documented somewhere or if you are just supposed to figure it out based on your statistical understanding of the commands involved? The postestimation help often just sends you to the generic link for a command - it would be helpful, I think, if little quirks like this were explicitly documented. I've found a couple of instances where just typing "mfx" did not work, but there was apparently no documentation on what options needed to be specified. But perhaps that helps to make sure that people only use a command if they really understand it!

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]