Re: st: clogit interpretation

From   Ron�n Conroy <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: clogit interpretation
Date   Fri, 5 May 2006 17:16:17 +0100

On 5 Beal 2006, at 16:39, Julia Gamas wrote:

Hi all,
I'm trying to make sure that my interpretation of my
clogit coefficient results is correct.  My basic
question is: do the signs reported in the clogit refer
to the impact that a given variable has on overal
utility OR on the utility of one choice as compared to
the other?

Use the -or- option to see odds ratios. These have a sensible interpretation. The odds ratio is the change in the odds of the outcome for a one-unit increase in the predictor. An odds ratio greater than one means that the predictor increases the odds, less than one it decreases the odds and, if it is one, or not significantly different to one, it has no observed impact.

I don't know why -clogit- defaults to unexponentiated output when - logistic- gives exponentiated (odds ratio) output by default. I never met anyone who could interpret the untransformed coefficients but who was sane in all other respects.

=========
Ron�n Conroy
[email protected]
+353 (0) 1 402 2431