Re: st: transfer function model and regression: EQUIVALENT???

From   Robert A Yaffee <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: transfer function model and regression: EQUIVALENT???
Date   Thu, 04 May 2006 09:26:25 -0400

Frank,
  The algorithms are different.  The default algorithm for
SAS ARIMA is a conditional least squares with backcasting the
starting values.  Stata employs ML estimation for ARIMA.
  Also, SAS can employ automatic prewhitening whereas Stata
does not, if it is set up differently.
   Regards,
      Bob Yaffee

Robert A. Yaffee, Ph.D.