st: Producing a matched pairs table

From   "Verheyen, Kristien" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Producing a matched pairs table
Date   Tue, 2 May 2006 16:47:01 +0100

Hi,

This must be a simple question, but I cannot find the answer.

In a case-control study with 1-1 matched pairs and binary exposure, how
do I produce a 2x2 table that shows the number of pairs where (case
exposed, control exposed); (case exposed, control unexposed); (case
unexposed, control exposed) and (case unexposed, control unexposed)?

Older versions of Stata had the 'match' command to do this, which
doesn't seem to exist anymore.
'mcc' does not do the trick.

Many thanks for any help you may be able to give.
Kristien Verheyen