st: getting rid of the outliners

From   "vora n" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: getting rid of the outliners
Date   Sat, 29 Apr 2006 17:47:08 -0700

:01C66BEF]
Sender: [email protected]
Dear all,

Is there any STATA command that can drop
the observations that are the outliners?

Let's say I graph the box-and-whisker plot

graph box y

and then the graph will show the outliners.
Is there any built-in command that can identify
these outliners and drop them out of my data?

Or is there any command that tells the upper
adjacent value and the lower adjacent value
so that I can drop the outliners manually?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Stata Newbie