RE: st: using results of -sts list- (life tables)

From   "David Winter" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: using results of -sts list- (life tables)
Date   Fri, 28 Apr 2006 15:36:37 +0100

Thanks Austin - works a treat.  Just what I needed.

Mr David L. Winter, HNC
I.T. Manager (BCCSS Study)
Department of Public Health & Epidemiology
Room 105, Public Health Building
University of Birmingham
Edgbaston
Birmingham
B15 2TT
UK
tel.: +44 (0)121 414 6766
fax.: +44 (0)121 414 7923
-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Austin
Nichols
Sent: 26 April 2006 22:17
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: using results of -sts list- (life tables)

Dave--
I'm not sure why you want variables with Beg.Total and Fail in them,
since the note that -sts list- puts at the bottom of the table says
"Survivor function is calculated over full data and evaluated at
indicated times; it is not calculated from aggregates shown at left."

That said, try out a variation on this:

clear
set obs 100
set seed 1234
gen id=_n
expand 10
bys id: gen t=_n
bys id (t): gen failtime=uniform()*10 if _n==1
bys id (t): replace f=f[_n-1] if mi(f)
gen fail=failtime<t

stset t, fail(fail)
sts list, at(0(1)10)