st: RE: Balancing survey data in Survey package

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Balancing survey data in Survey package
Date   Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:42:49 +0100

This was discussed only recently. Richard
[Dick] Campbell asked a question and I replied.
(You might find it easier to search for
his name than for mine in the Statalist archives.)

If you type in Stata,

. search iterative proportional fitting

you will see pointers to programs by
Adrian Mander.

Also,

. ssc desc mstdize

identifies a program discussed in the
thread initiated by Richard. In that
thread was mentioned the possibility of
using -glm- and offsets to do this.

I have no idea whether your problem includes
-svy- type complications, but I suspect that
none of the programs takes account of
survey design subtleties.

Walter R. Paczkowski, Ph.D.