RE: st: duplicating observations

From   "louis boakye-yiadom" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: duplicating observations
Date   Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:55:20 +0000

Many thanks for all the suggestions. I wanted to do some tests of association, so the -tabulate- command with the "frequency weight" option does exactly what I wanted. I've learnt a lot from all the comments!

Louis

You might like to try the -expgen- command, which is an extended version
of -expand- downloadable from SSC, which sorts the dataset so that the
duplicates  of each observation are side by side, and can optionally add
a new variable giving the sequence number of each duplicate within the
set of duplicates for the same observation. In Stata, use the -ssc-
command to download -expgen-.

I hope this helps.

Roger

Roger Newson