Re: st: Inconsistency with the 5 year avarage panel data set

From   ilker kaya <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Inconsistency with the 5 year avarage panel data set
Date   Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:34:18 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Austin,

Here is the code that I am using for sorting and
taking 5 year avarages. I hope this part would be
enough to tell if there is anyting wrong.
ifscode is unique for each country in my data file and
year is between 1960-2002.
Thank you very much.
Regards,

ilker

sort ifscode year;

iis ifscode;
tsset ifscode year;

*** Creates 5-year period indicator;
gen indpd = . ;
label var indpd "Indicates the period number of 5-year
increments" ;
replace indpd = 1 if year == 1960 ;
replace indpd = 1 if indpd[_n-5] == 1 & ifscode[_n-5]
== ifscode ;
sort ifscode indpd year ;
replace indpd = indpd[_n-1] + 1 if indpd == 1 &
ifscode == ifscode[_n-1];
sort name year ;
replace indpd = indpd[_n-1] if indpd == . & ifscode ==
ifscode[_n-1];

**** Creates 5-year averages ;
collapse (min) year ifscode (mean)  tot_exp cap_exp
curr_exp odanet2 real_gdp_pc  mor_inf  agr_gdp lag_agr
litadu_pop system  allhouse yrcurnt exelec exconst
legelec pr military state yrsoffc oda_yr oda_sys
oda_house oda_ex oda_leg  oda_pr oda_mil oda_const
oda_st oda_offc , by(name indpd);