st: RE: RE: RE: RE: Re: Making a unique log file

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: RE: Re: Making a unique log file
Date   Wed, 26 Apr 2006 17:16:19 +0100

For the record, my explanation needs some improvement:

Stata sees $ and would be prepared for a macro name
following. But no legal macro name follows, so the
$ is treated as a literal character, as are the
characters (S_DATE) following.

Donald Spady

> Nick and Michael
>   I must blame this on poor eyesight and seeing what I
> 'expected' to see.
> Thanks for the heads up and the explanation.

Nick Cox