[no subject]

Phil said
You can only use EPS or PS files with Beamer if you're using latex
and dvips (not if you're using pdflatex). If you want to use an EPS
file with pdflatex, you may use the (free) script ps2pdf to convert
it to PDF first. ps2pdf uses Ghostscript (http://www.cs.wisc.edu/
~ghost/) to do the actual conversion; Ghostscript is often installed
along with a TeX distribution, but I don't know about MiKTeX (I've
never used it). Of course, if you have access to Acrobat, that's
probably the way to go. See Section 12 (Graphics) in the Beamer
user's manual for more information.

I had no trouble producing a presentation last year using Beamer with the Stata command

graph export chm1.pdf

and the Beamer code

\begin{frame}
\frametitle{The Cost X-Efficiency measures}
\includegraphics[scale=0.7,trim=20 120 90 90]{chm1.pdf}
\end{frame}

using TeXShop's option Typeset->pdfTeX. If this doesn't work in your configuration, you may need an OS upgrade.

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics
http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html